Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) is a Medicare Health Plan choice you might have as part of Medicare. Medicare Advantage plans are run by private insurance companies that have been approved by Medicare. These plans are often called “MA Plans”, “MAPD”, or “Part C”. By joining a Medicare Advantage Plan you are not getting rid of your Medicare. Your Part A (Hospital) and Part B (Medical) coverage goes through your Medicare Advantage Plan and not Original Medicare.
Medicare Advantage Plans are required to cover all of the services that Original Medicare covers except hospice care and some care in qualifying clinical research studies. Original Medicare covers hospice and some costs for clinical reasearch studies even if you have a Medicare Advantage Plan.
Why choose a Medicare Advantage Plan?
Many people choose Medicare Advantage plans because they typically have lower out-of-pocket costs. These plans also typically include extra benefits and services such as the following:
- Nurse advise hotline
- Gym membership or fitness program
- Mail-order pharmacy
- Health education programs
- Dental or Vision coverage
Most Medicare Advantage plans also include Prescription Drug Coverage (Part D) as well.
Types of Medicare Advantage plans are:
- HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) – with the HMO you have a primary care physician that “facilitates” your healthcare all within a plans’ network of providers.
- PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) – with the PPO you are able to choose any provider, but for the lowest cost you would use in-network providers
- PFFS (Private-Fee-for-Service) – choose any provider that excepts the plans terms and conditions, typically at a higher premium
Florida Medicare Plans Quote
There are many insurance companies that offer Florida Medicare supplement plans, Medicare Advantage plans, & Medicare Prescription Drug plans. Let Florida Medicare Plans help you shop these plans. Get a Quote Now!